Morristown Personal Injury Attorney
Serving Clients and Families across Morris County, Sussex County, and New Jersey
When a person is injured due to the reckless or negligent actions of another individual or entity, it should not be the injured party’s responsibility to pay for their medical costs or foot the bill for lost wages if their injuries leave them unable to work.
This is where a personal injury claim can be of enormous financial benefit to an injury victim and their family, as a successful recovery will include compensation for those specific expenses, as well as compensation for the pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life that the injured party and their family has experienced. However, a successful personal injury recovery will require proof of a number of different factors, skillful negotiation, and a deep understanding of the law, all things which an experienced personal injury attorney can provide.
At The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, our Morristown personal injury attorneys take a unique approach to personal injury law, focusing on working not only with our clients but with their family as well. With extensive experience securing full and fair compensation in personal injury claims of all kinds for injury victims in towns across Morris County and Sussex County towns, including Hopatcong, East Hanover, Dover, Netcong, Parsippany, Florham Park, Chatham, Mt. Olive, Denville, Newton, Morristown, and more, our firm is ready to provide you and your family with the highly knowledgeable, effective, and attentive legal service that you need and deserve when pursuing any kind of personal injury claim.
Call us today through our Morristown office or our Newton office to discuss your unique needs, concerns, and situation when it comes to any kind of injury and your options for making a successful recovery in a free and confidential consultation today.
Experience in the Courtroom. Strength at Your Side.
At The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A., we know what matters most after you have been injured in an accident. You have bills to pay and medical treatment to arrange. You need to recover your financial losses and protect yourself against large insurance companies.
You need someone to turn to for help. Our law firm has represented accident victims throughout New Jersey for more than 40 years, and Attorney Michael P. Burakoff has recovered millions of dollars for our clients from some of the nation’s largest insurance companies.
Continue reading to learn more about our key areas of legal practice, or contact our offices for a complimentary initial consultation with personal injury attorney Michael P. Burakoff about your injury or wrongful death claim. Our firm focuses exclusively on injury cases. We have convenient offices in Morristown, West New York and Newton, New Jersey.
Personal Injury and Other Compensation for Injuries and Economic Losses
We help victims of car, motorcycle, truck, and other traffic accidents obtain full and fair compensation for their injuries and financial losses from the parties responsible for their accidents or their insurance companies. We can help you with everything from insurance claims after a car accident to collecting compensation when an insurance company denies or delays a claim in bad faith. With more than 35 years of experience as a personal injury lawyer, Michael P. Burakoff has handled cases of all kinds, such as:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrecks caused by texting or distracted driving
- Drunk driving crashes
- Multi-car accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Jackknife accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Mass-transit accidents, including bus and train accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Collisions involving commercial trucks
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Retail store and parking lot accidents
- Injuries caused by negligent security
- Dog bites and attacks
Construction Site Accidents
- Falls from roofs, ladders or scaffolding
- Forklift accidents
- Crane accidents
- Accidents caused by structural defects
- Injuries due to safety code violations
- Workers’ compensation
- Warehouse or industrial accidents
- Repetitive stress injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hearing loss, loss of sight, back and joint injuries
Injuries from Dangerous Products and Equipment
- Power tool injuries
- Defective kitchen appliances
- Accidents involving lawn mowers or power garden equipment
- Food poisoning
- Dangerous pharmaceutical products and medical devices
We also assist clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries such as burn injuries, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and other disabling injuries, including handling Social Security disability claims and appeals.
“I Have Been in an Accident, What Should I Do?”
Anytime you are involved in an accident, one of the first and most important things you should do is to visit a doctor. This is for two reasons:
- Even if you feel “ok”, many injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and internal injuries may not be immediately apparent following an accident. It is only several days, or weeks, later that the accident victim begins to experience symptoms of these types of injuries, at which point they have already become a more serious health concern due to their going undiagnosed and untreated for some time. By speaking with a doctor following an accident regardless of whether or not you believe you have been injured, you can catch some of these more latent types of injuries at an earlier stage, and take preventative measures to protect you from some of the more debilitating effects of these types of injuries.
- The strength and success of any personal injury claim are closely related to you and your East Hanover personal injury attorney’s ability to link your injuries directly to your accident. The more time that passes between your accident and when you actually seek medical attention, the harder it will become to definitively prove that your injuries were caused by your accident and not some other unrelated event.
Beyond speaking with a medical professional as quickly as possible following an accident, if it turns out that you have in fact been injured, it is highly recommended that you consult with an experienced accident and injury lawyer before responding to any inquiries made by an insurance company, and certainly before signing any kind of early settlement offer they may make. Many times, injury victims damage the strength of their potential personal injury claim by saying the wrong things to the insurance company, something which can be avoided by speaking with an experienced attorney as quickly as possible.
Critically, the moment you sign any kind of settlement, you will not be able to pursue your injury claim further should it be the case that the offer you accepted does not fully account for the damages you and your family have suffered. Additionally, as a general rule of thumb, the first settlement offer made by the insurance companies will always be a “lowball” offer, as the full extent of your injuries and damages they have caused has yet to be properly investigated or substantiated. This means that it is usually much more preferable to speak with an attorney before accepting any kind of offer, as your attorney will be able to paint a much more accurate picture of what kind of compensation you should seek than what the insurance company is trying to offer you.
We Help You Recover Financial Compensation
While personal injury claims differ somewhat depending on the type of accident in question and who exactly the liable parties are, in general, you and your Dover personal injury attorney will need to prove the following three elements in order to secure financial compensation:
- Exactly when, where, and how your accident occurred
- You were injured by being involved in said accident, and what exactly the full and accurate result of those injuries are
- The accident which caused your injuries was the result of the reckless or negligent actions of another liable person or entity
So even though these elements may sound fairly simple and straightforward on paper, proving them to an insurance company and potentially a court of law and a jury of your peers is often anything but. Accurately demonstrating each of these elements will require investigation, preparation, consultation with witnesses and experts in a variety of fields, and an understanding of trial law and injury law. This is just one of the many reasons why retaining the services of an experienced Dover personal injury attorney is so highly recommended anytime you are pursuing a personal injury claim.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury Claims
The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff is prepared to represent you and your family in any type of personal injury claim. If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident, please call our firm at 973-455-1567 to discuss your case in a free and confidential consultation.
We also have a FAQ section in which you can find answers to many of the questions you probably have regarding personal injury law, and your options for securing full and fair injury compensation.
Contact Our Morristown Personal Injury Attorney Today
At The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, we have extensive experience successfully recovering full and fair personal injury compensation for our clients and their families in towns across New Jersey, Morris County, and Sussex County, including East Hanover, Netcong, Dover, Chatham, Hopatcong, Parsippany, Rockaway, Newton, Florham Park, Mt. Olive, Denville, Morristown, and more.
Attorney Michael Burakoff strongly believes that by working closely with his clients and their families and keeping them highly informed and involved throughout the personal injury recovery process, he can better understand their exact needs and concerns, and work towards securing the resolution which best meets those same needs and concerns.
To speak with Michael Burakoff and our legal team today in a free and confidential consultation regarding any kind of accident and injury, your options for securing financial compensation, and how exactly we can help you to do so, please contact us online, or through either our Morristown office or our Newton office at 973-455-1567.