Attorney Michael P. Burakoff
Since 1976, attorney Michael P. Burakoff has been representing clients who have been injured in car, truck, and work-related accidents and by defective products. Our firm also represents clients involved in disputed claims with insurance companies that are operating in bad faith, including claims involving insurance coverage denials.
Protecting the Rights of Injured Clients and Their Families across Morris County and Sussex County
Michael P. Burakoff has been an attorney representing accident victims in the State of New Jersey for over 40 years. His personal injury law practice is devoted to protecting the rights of accident victims and their families who have sustained catastrophic and serious injuries and related economic losses as a result of the careless and negligent conduct of others.
For more than thirty years, Michael P. Burakoff has recovered millions of dollars from Allstate, State Farm, New Jersey Manufacturers, and other major insurance companies throughout the country on behalf of his injured clients and their families. If you have been injured as a result of the careless conduct of others, it is vitally important that you have a representative with the experience and knowledge that will guarantee a maximum recovery from the insurance companies who are responsible for compensating you for pain and suffering, economic losses and the inability to enjoy life as you had before the accident.
Unlike general practitioners who handle real estate, criminal and matrimonial matters, Michael P. Burakoff has devoted his practice to the representation of accident victims and their families. His knowledge and experience in the field of personal injury litigation is recognized by representatives and attorneys for the insurance companies who are responsible for providing compensation to injured clients and their families. This recognition provides both a practical and strategic advantage for the clients of Michael P. Burakoff.
The majority of the clients of Michael P. Burakoff have been referred to him by other attorneys and former clients. Choose the attorney who other attorneys refer their injured clients to.
The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A. serves clients throughout New Jersey, including Morristown, New Brunswick, Somerville, Paterson, Newark, Jersey City, Parsippany, Summit, Madison, Morris Plains, Dover, Morris County, Passaic County, Hudson County, and Essex County.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Construction Site Accidents
- Products Liability / Defective Products
- All Work-Related Third-Party Liability Claims
- Automobile Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer / Truck Accidents
- Premises Liability/Slip and Fall
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bad Faith Insurance Claims
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. – 1976
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York
- B.A. – 1972
- Honors: Dean’s List
- In re Lead Paint Litigation, 924 A.2d 484 (Supreme Court of New Jersey 2007)
- Johowern Corp. v. Affiliated Interior Designers Inc., 453 A.2d 1370 (Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division 1982)
- Thousands of Accident Victims Over More Than 40 Years
- Co-Counsel in Mass Tort Litigation Against the Lead Paint Industry
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum, Life Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum, Life Member
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 1996 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1996 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1978 – Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, 1978 – Present
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group, New Jersey, Member, Board of Directors, 2003 – 2004
- The Worrall F. Mountain American Inn of Court, Member
The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A., has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of accident victims. Representative former clients include a construction worker who recovered $3.6 million as a result of injuries he sustained when he fell from a scaffold; a pedestrian who recovered $1.6 million as a result of injuries he sustained when he was struck by an automobile; a sanitation worker who recovered $1,090,000 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was struck by a truck.
As a result of his expertise in the field of personal injury law, Mr. Burakoff has been chosen as an arbitrator for the Superior Court of New Jersey Automobile and Personal Injury Arbitration Program. He also serves as an arbitrator in uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. Mr. Burakoff was co-counsel for Essex County, Union County, and twelve other New Jersey municipalities in representing their interests in the mass tort litigation against the lead paint industry.
Call our Morristown office or our Newton office at 973-455-1567 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation about your situation.