Florham Park Personal Injury Attorney
Florham Park Personal Injury Representation You Can Trust
When someone suffers injuries due to another person’s negligence or intentional acts, the at-fault party should be the one to compensate the injured person. It should not be the injured person’s responsibility to figure out how to pay for their medical treatment or get through not being able to work.
This is where the help of a Florham Park personal injury attorney can be beneficial. An attorney can help an accident victim recover compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, future medical expenses, expected time off work, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
However, obtaining compensation in a personal injury matter is not necessarily easy. The claimant needs to prove the other party was at fault and what their damages are. This takes skillful negotiation techniques and a thorough understanding of the law. These are things your experienced personal injury attorney can assist with. At the Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, our Florham Park personal injury attorneys have years of experience helping New Jersey clients with all of their legal needs.
Types Of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Most people think about retaining a Florham Park personal injury attorney after an auto accident. We can help victims of auto, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bus, and other types of traffic accidents to obtain fair compensation for their financial losses. However, personal injury law is a broad area and encompasses a wide variety of other incidents as well.
When searching for a personal injury attorney, you want a firm that has experience handling more than one type of personal injury matter. Michael P. Burakoff has over 35 years of personal injury legal experience. Some of the most common types of Florham Park personal injury cases we handle include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Obviously, auto accidents represent a bulk of the personal injury cases we handle. Motor vehicle accidents can involve multiple passenger vehicles as well as motorcycles, commercial trucks, other passenger vehicles, and even buses.
- Premises Liability: All property owners have a legal duty to keep their properties in a reasonably safe manner, which includes regular inspections, fixing hazards, and making sure there are warning signs posted. Premises liability cases often involve slip and falls in a grocery store or other public place. Dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and negligent security claims also fall under premises liability cases.
- Medical Malpractice: These are typically very complex cases and involve medical mistakes made by one or more medical professionals. These can be birth-related injuries, surgical errors, misdiagnosis, and more.
- Bad Faith Insurance: When an insurance company doesn’t act in your best interest as the policyholder, you may have a valid bad faith claim.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites can be dangerous and therefore a majority of workplace-related accidents occur here. Contractors and owners are required to maintain a safe working environment and provide workers with the proper safety equipment. When they don’t, they would be held liable, as well as other parties who acted in a negligent manner.
Contact A Florham Park Personal Injury Attorney
If you need legal assistance after suffering a personal injury accident in New Jersey, please contact the Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A. today at 973-455-1567 to schedule an initial case consultation.